CASA of San Luis Obispo
Board of Directors
A dynamic and diverse group of community leaders serve on the board of directors for CASA of San Luis Obispo County. For more information about the board, visit our Team Page below.
• CASA is a 501( c) 3 nonprofit organization and depends on community donations to support the loca l program.
• There are more than 900 CASA programs in operation across the United States, with more than 62,000 men and women serving as volunteers .
• There are 650 children in San Luis Obispo County receiving county services due to their abuse or neglect.
• There are over 450 children under the jurisdiction of the juvenile court in San Luis Obispo County due to abuse and neglect .
• More than 140 abused or neglected children in San Luis Obispo County have their own CASA volunteer to advocate for their unique needs and to speak for them in court.
• More than a 100 concerned community members serve as CASA volunteers
• The goal of a CASA volunteer is to help every abused or neglected child they work with find or return to a safe, permanent home and give them hope for a better life.
• CASA volunteers receive training from legal, child development and welfare professionals, and have advocate supervisors to advise them on all aspects of their cases.
• CASA volunteers are responsible for reviewing records, researching, and talking to everyone involved with their child, including social workers, attorneys, judges, parents, teachers, family members and most importantly, the children themselves.
• CASA of San Luis Obispo County is an equal opportunity organization and believes that embracing diversity and inclusiveness strengthens the status of children and their families and is vital to the organization’s vision, mission and development initiatives.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact : Cathy Orton
CASA of San Luis Obispo County
(805) 541-6542 x 115
San Luis Obispo, CA- CASA of San Luis Obispo County has been named the Central Coast’s favorite charity by KSBY and PG&E — winning $10 ,000 for the second year in a row!
The “Your Favorite Charity” contest , hosted annually by KSBY and PG&E, awards local charities with cash prizes. The charities are nominated by the community and divided into four categories – Health, Arts & Culture, Human Services & Community Development, and Environment & Animals . Community members then vote for their favorites. CASA received the most votes overall. Four other charities received $1,000 prizes for receiving the most votes in their categories.
CASA Board President Tom Dobyns receives the grand prize from Kathleen Choal, President & General Manager of KSBY, and Ed Halpin, Senior VP of Generation at PG&E. Photo courtesy KSBY.
for immediate release
CASA to hold first annual Hope for the Future at Paso Robles Inn San Luis Obispo, Calif.
CASA of San Luis Obispo County hosts the first annual Hope for the Future on Saturday, June 3rd at the Paso Robles Inn. CASA’s premiere North County dinner and auction event features CASA’s famous cake auction and KSBY meteorologist Dave Hovde as host. All funds raised will support CASA’s North County Expansion program, a collaboration with Templeton based must! Charities. Visit slocasa.org or call (805) 541-6542 to make reservations.
Event: Hope for the Future, Saturday June 3rd, 5-9pm
Location: Paso Robles Inn
Featuring: KSBY Meteorologist Dave Hovde
In photo: Left to Right: CASA’s Michelle May, Celena Malarkey, and Julianne Meursing
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Recruitment & Retention Specialist
(805) 541-6542 ext.105
Rendezvous at the Country Club
A Benefit for CASA – Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children of San Luis Obispo County
Gourmet Dining. Premier Local Wines. Thrilling Live Auctions.
On September 23rd KSBY’s David Hovde will host CASA’s 15th annual Rendezvous at the San Luis Obispo Country Club. Don’t miss out on fabulous prize packages and our famous cake auction. All proceeds benefit CASA’s work with abused and neglected children in San Luis Obispo County.
When: September 23rd, 5:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Where: San Luis Obispo Country Club, 255 Country Club Drive, San Luis Obispo
Reservations: $100 per person; $800 table of 8.
Call 541-6542 or visit www.slocasa.org to make reservations or for more information. Deadline to reserve is September 8th.
SPONSORS: Left Lane Sports, Pacific Premier Bank, Meathead Movers, Founders Community Bank, Community West Bank, The Tribune, KSBY, and Starbucks
The program will include:
Master of Ceremonies: KSBY Meteorologist David Hovde
Auctioneer: Scott Vernon
We will also draw raffle winners for our Instant Wine Cellar raffle featuring 50 bottles of the Central Coast’s Finest Wines. Second, third and fourth prizes will also be awarded and ticket holders need not be present to win. Raffle tickets are $40 each or buy 4 and get one free!. Visit www.slocasa.org for details.
Event and raffle proceeds support the recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers who advocate for abused and neglected children in San Luis Obispo County. For many children, their CASA volunteer is the most consistent adult in their lives.
Recruitment and Retention Specialist
CASA of San Luis Obispo County
75 Higuera Street , Suite 180
P.O. Box 1168
San Luis Obispo, CA 93406